Tuesday, October 25, 2011

it's in the jeans...

OK...there has been an awful lot of 'heavy' posting on here lately (I've probably scared away all two or three of those readers I did have, between my inconsistent posting and my waxing oh-so-serious of late), so it's definitely time for a fluff piece.

As I was folding my laundry today, I got to thinking about how I have decided on my 'favorite' brand of jeans.  I mean, I've tried bunches of different brands...everything from whatever you can get at Walmart (Wrangler?) to Levi to Calvin Klein to Gap to Old Navy.  When it comes to holding up the longest...lots of wear without getting holes, holding 'shape' (as in, not sucking to my body like a wet glove after 1 year of wear), and generally getting that comfy old jean softness...hands down my winner is Old Navy.  They're probably about as middle of the road as you can get price-wise...well, actually, definitely on the cheaper side, especially if you get them on sale (I always do), and I've found the past few weeks, with cold weather being consistent now, that if I'm looking for sweatshirt-and-jeans kind of comfy, it's my Old Navy's that I'm reaching for.

As I love my ON's more and more, I find myself hating all my other UNcomfy jeans.  I wish I could replace them all with beloved "Dreamers" and "Sweethearts" (the cuts from Old Navy that I have).  But, that's definitely not in the budget, so no sense going down that mental track! 

Anyhoo...  How 'bout you?  Got a particular brand that is your go-to for jeans?
(NOTE: After writing this post, I did a Google image search for 'jeans'.  Every stinkin' picture had little toothpick girls with no tooshes or hips.  Pages and pages of skinniness I tell you!  It made me quite annoyed.  Especially since I have downed a 1/2 pound box of caramels in the past 24 hours, and as I perused the images I literally was scooping creamy carmel dip out of the container with my finger, because I had no apple left with which to scoop it.  Don't judge me.  Anyway...to spite all those never-seen-a-double-digit-size-pair-of-jeans-in-my-life models, I decided to go with the image of these lovely ladies.  So there!!)


No comments: