Tuesday, October 12, 2010

random product review

Just thought I'd tell you about a few random new things I'm growing particularly fond of...

First of all is this thing called Swagbucks. At first I thought it was some kind of scam, but after talking to some friends that I really trust (some of whom are VERY wary of anything scam-ish on the net, but are earning real rewards from Swagbucks), and checking out the site, and hearing recommendations from some other trusted bloggers, I decided to try it out. It's free to sign up, so you don't chance losing an money. It's a little tricky to figure out how to 'work' it ("it" being the Swagbucks program that earns you points, called 'swagbucks'), but I manage to earn points every day, so I'm muddling through and learning and earning more each day. The points accumulate, and then you can cash them in for real prizes, including things like gift cards for Amazon, Target and tons of others. Granted, some of them might take an extraordinary amount of points, (like the Target one I want is over 2000 swagbucks) but the fact is, I'm earning them for FREE by just using the Swagbucks toolbar, search engine (which isn't the best, but I often search there, win some points and then go Google whatever I'm looking for) and taking some occasional surveys (which are totally optional, but worth it to me for a few minutes to earn extra 'bucks'). After just a week or two of joining, I currently have 389 points. For doing, basically, nothing. You can also get extra points for people signing up 'under' you, because every time they get points, you do too. Unfortunately, I am not currently benefiting from this portion, because no one signed up under me. But if you are interested, let me know! ;)

Second random item...this nail polish from Sally Hansen. It's called Complete Manicure, and it is GREAT. I have a problem with getting my nails to grow, and keeping them from breaking or splitting, let alone actually keeping polish on them for more than a day or two. But this stuff really is great. It has strengthened my nails, helps them grow, and has more 'staying power' than even the more 'expensive' nail polishes I've used (like OPI for instance). I realize, you may not give a flying fig about nail polish, but this one is making me happy right now, so I thought I'd share. If you're thinking of stocking stuffers (hey, advance planning is good, and Christmas is only about 11 weeks away!) this is a great one! (Available at Walmart and Target, by the way.)

Lastly, I know I've said it before, and I just want to say it again. Dyson vacuum. LOVE mine. Still wishing for a Shark for my hard floor surfaces and giving my sister's a test drive. No money for it in the budget right now (as too many other things in our household are going on the fritz at the moment), but when there is some extra cash, this is SOOO on my wish-list. Did I do a Shark review on here before? If not, I totally must...







No comments: