Tuesday, October 12, 2010

30 day shred

If you happen to be looking for a kick-butt workout, may I introduce you to Jillian Michaels. You may already know her from the show "The Biggest Loser". She has several workout DVD's, and currently I am struggling sadly through the "30 Day Shred". The idea is to do it every day for 30 days... haha. Yeah. That just doesn't seem to be possible for me. However, I am trying to kick my own butt and make myself do it at least 3 times a week, with a goal of getting up to 5-6 times. (I'm just, flat-out NOT doing it on Sundays!) It makes me sweat profusely, which is utterly disgusting. There's no "it's just 20 minutes a day" factor, because frankly, when I'm done I need a complete shower, wash my hair, etc., so I'm looking at minimally an hour. But, as much as I HATE how it feels doing the workout, I do love the feeling the rest of the day knowing that I did it. AND, while I am just not at the point of being able to deal with a 'diet' right now, it does help me in the sense that if I'm going to 'pig out' on something, I think "is it worth wasting that entire workout this morning to eat this??" (By the way, sometimes the answer is "Yes! Totally worth it!!) :D

But I have a confession. I've been attempting this workout for about 3-4 weeks now, and consciously decided NOT to talk about it here, because I didn't want the 'accountability' of 'going public' with it. But, now I did, so there. Feel free to ask me..."did you shred today?"


No comments: