But in addition to that, I also had the BEST cup of iced coffee!! There's a family that is gearing up to serve as missionaries in Chile for a three year term, and they were selling food/drink there today as a fund raiser, and one of the drinks they had was delicious iced coffee. I heard the secret of it was that it had sweetened condensed milk in it. So when I got home I immediately googled that, and sure enough - it's also known as Vietnamese Iced Coffee. I can't wait to make some...it will be the perfect treat for our small group tonight! Mmmm.... Here's the recipe I found online:
- 6-8 cups strong coffee
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Combine brewed coffee and sweetened condensed milk in a large pitcher.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice.
- TIP- Use leftover coffee to make coffee ice cubes with.
- Then you have the chill without getting watered down.