Friday, June 4, 2010

flowers and iced coffee...a beautiful thing

I spent the day today working the sale at Glick's Greenhouse. Let me tell you, there are lots of GORGEOUS plants there, and they are being sold DIRT CHEAP!! It's given me an overwhelming desire to re-landscape my property!! (I'm sure Todd will be thrilled to hear that!!) Did I mention this is a clearance sale, so if you want any plants, either garden or flowering or pots or anything, you'll want to get there quick! Stuff was selling like hotcakes today!

But in addition to that, I also had the BEST cup of iced coffee!! There's a family that is gearing up to serve as missionaries in Chile for a three year term, and they were selling food/drink there today as a fund raiser, and one of the drinks they had was delicious iced coffee. I heard the secret of it was that it had sweetened condensed milk in it. So when I got home I immediately googled that, and sure enough - it's also known as Vietnamese Iced Coffee. I can't wait to make some...it will be the perfect treat for our small group tonight! Mmmm.... Here's the recipe I found online:

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Combine brewed coffee and sweetened condensed milk in a large pitcher.
  2. Refrigerate until chilled.
  3. Serve over ice.
  4. TIP- Use leftover coffee to make coffee ice cubes with.
  5. Then you have the chill without getting watered down.
SERVES 6 -8



3 comments:

Holly said...

that coffee sounds so YUMMY! I'll be trying that!

Laura said...

Hmm, now having heard you say its vietnamese iced coffee I realize I have had it/heard about it before. so yum!

Ben@ Automatic Espresso Machines Reviews said...

I love love love vietnamese ice coffee. To be honest I think I am liking it too much :) It is my very favorite coffee and after having it you really are hard pressed to go back to Starbucks, Peet's, or any of the major "chains". At the Vietnamese Sandwich place I go to here (there are tons in my area) they even serve it hot!!!