Wednesday, May 26, 2010

kid quotes

The other day when Luke & I were cleaning out the flower beds, he presented me with one of these bugs.









He said "Mom, this is a roly poly. It has 14 legs." He was so very matter-of-fact! I asked how he knew this and he simply replied "Sid", and walked away. (Sid the Science Kid is a PBS kids show he likes to watch every morning when his brothers head out for the bus.) I wondered if his information was correct, so I looked it up online last night. Sure enough!

Gotta love educational TV!

And on a completely unrelated note, I just have to share what Seth said this morning that is still making me chuckle when I think of it. He had just gotten up, and was sitting somewhat bleary-eyed with me on the couch. Out of nowhere he said "You know what I don't like about the Yankees? They're Yankees." (And for the record, we're talking the baseball team here, not us folks from the northern states, ya'll...). :)

That's gonna be my quote for the day!

No comments: