Thursday, May 21, 2009

the urge to purge

Why does one project always result in another??? I had decided to do a bit of 'purging' this weekend and have a yard sale. Just had a bunch of stuff that needed to be gotten rid of, so I figured, why not try to at least make a little bit of money before just taking it all to Goodwill? Well, the 'urge to purge' spread to really wanting to clean out ANYTHING excess in the house...including taking the opportunity to get rid of some old Home Interiors decor that is completely outdated and no longer my 'style'.

Well...do you know what happens when you take down a picture that has been in place for 3 years??? You realize how utterly filthy the wall is. And when you try to just 'wipe' away the dirt lines from around the picture, you SMEAR the dirt that is actually covering the entire wall! So, what started out as just putting out a few things for a yard sale has led to a desire to redecorate which has led to a need for a thorough spring cleaning. Not exactly what I bargained for...but obviously something that needs to be done anyway.

It kind of reminds me of that childrens' book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie...". Maybe I'll write a new version..."If You Let Jessi Have a Yard Sale...". Just kidding...I'm not looking for any more new projects!!!!

2 comments:

Bets said...

Oh my gosh - you're so right though - it would probably at least make a hilarious article for a magazine! You should totally do it - in a couple weeks... or while you're working the sale!

Jessi said...

Ha...maybe I will!