Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Timez Attack

I have found an absolute treasure that I thought some of you might like to know about. It is a multiplication video game, called 'Timez Attack' (by Big Brainz), that Bryce is absolutely loving! Our school suggested it, and you can download the 'base' version of it for free. I did that, and figured we'd try it and see how Bryce liked it, and see if it actually seemed to help him with his facts. Well, he LOVED the game...the graphics are pretty amazing...and I did notice an improvement with his recall. So I was sold. Today I paid the $40 to upload the full version, which basically gives you more 'levels' which, for Bryce, kept him engaged longer. I actually had to make him get off and do something else. It has also intrigued Seth and he is actually asking to play, which - great!! He can get a year or two jump on learning multiplication! Don't see a downside to that...

Anyway, if you're interested here's the link. If you have any kids learning multiplication who like video games, this will most definitely be something you'll want to check out!!

No comments: