Friday, May 1, 2009

I don't know how to start this post, but I just thought it would be weird not to say anything at all about the fact that my mom is getting remarried tomorrow. I tried to think of some clever saying, some witty way to address a highly emotional topic, but short of the old Forrest Gump, "Life is like a box of chocolates...", I got nothin'. So I'll just keep it short and to the point...my dad passed away almost 3 years ago. It's been hard on all of us, obviously my mom most of all. She deserves to be happy again, and she says she is, so for that I am glad. And I like weddings...we felt very pleased with how the flower arrangements turned out that we did yesterday, and we have fun music planned for the reception - and have been practicing the Cha-Cha Slide and Cupid Shuffle with the kids. I expect that we'll have a blast there! I went tanning, am getting my hair done, and get to wear a pretty dress. And get to see lots of family that I haven't for a while. So all of that is really good.

Under all that surface stuff...well, I'm just praying it all stays just that...under the surface. I'd appreciate any of your prayers as well. Such changes are hard for me. That's all I will say about that. Hope to have some lovely pictures to post here soon!!

1 comment:

Jimmy DeWan said...

praying for all of you guys. I hope to see pics. Congrats to your mom and Bob. Love you all.