Friday, May 15, 2009

keepin' it real

As some of you may or may not know, I'm currently doing a ministry training school. The format of it is weekend intensives (intense being the key word here!); they are Friday night til 9:30, then Saturday all day from 8:30am to 9:00pm. Rather than driving back and forth (it's about an hour away) someone who lives close by graciously offered me their guestroom. This weekend it just happened to work out (thanks to Todd's parents taking the kids and my sister Livie dog-sitting!!) that Todd is coming along. He actually will audit tonight's sessions, but then stay at our host home tomorrow (the hosts will be away all day) for some time of prayer and personal retreat that is LONG overdue for him.

You may be wondering where the "Keeping it Real" part is in all this. Well, I'm getting to that now... I am really glad that it's all worked out for Todd to get some refreshment time in this weekend. However, what started in my head as an easy plan turned quite entangled at some point. I spent today flying around like a one-armed paper hanger, trying to get laundry done, baseball uniforms and equipment gathered (Grandpop is making sure they get to their game tomorrow), overnight bags packed, dog paraphenalia gathered, and on top off it all, leave the house in some semblance of order because my dear in-laws will be returning the children here tomorrow night and I don't want them to be horrified by a hairy (again, compliments of Maggie) cluttered, disaster of a house. So far, I would say it's semi-cleaned up. Well, maybe 'picked-up' would be a better term than 'cleaned-up' - I still see Maggie fur floating on the dining room floor as I type. At some point, though, I decided enough is enough...I have to stop worrying about it, and get on with making sure I'm ready to leave on time, so as not to start the weekend off with a cranky, even-more-stressed hubby! So, I'm deciding to take the sting out of my 'dirty little secret' and just 'out' myself so I stop thinking about it... I have several loads of laundry, clean, but ran out of time to fold, piled on my bed. They're staying there. Kate swept around Maggie's cage area downstairs, but we ran out of time for the upstairs. AND, there are a few pans soaking in my sink that didn't fit in the dishwasher. THERE... I'm not getting it done, everyone now knows it, and oh, well. I feel better. Now....one thing I DO have to get done...my assignment that is due for tonight's class!!! ;)

Have a lovely weekend everyone!!

No comments: