Tuesday, November 6, 2007

what I've been up to

Apparently blogging has fallen a few notches on the priority list. Not by choice, mind you, but out of necessity. Life has been busier than I can say, and frankly, I don't want to bore you with the details. But I am hoping that we've made it through the worst of it (worst isn't a good word, because it hasn't been 'bad')...maybe I should say we've made it through the 'thick' of it, and I am expecting life to get back to some sort of routine. I did get through the mountains of clean laundry waiting to be folded yesterday, so I feel like I'm off to a good start!

We had a great time in New York City last week. We drove to Staten Island, took the ferry across to the City, then took the subway in to American Girl Place, where Kaitlyn determined she MUST have died and gone to heaven. After that we took in the cultural experience of Saks 5th Ave (when I say 'cultural experience' I mean this - when I saw the prices - $3,000 for a sweater and $900 for a purse - I felt like I was from a totally different planet!!), and then roamed around Rockefeller Center and Times Square. After a long day, leaving us almost physically unable to walk another step, we headed back. Somewhere between the subway and the ferry, Kaitlyn lost one of her brand new doll shoes. She almost cried, but fought it...I felt horrible for her! But I nearly had a heart attack when she took off back toward the subway to look for the shoe when she first realized it was gone! She did stop, and we weren't separated for more than a few seconds, but for me, not being able to see my kid when we're in the Big City, a few seconds is a lifetime!!

Had a good 'Light the Night' outreach - we figure there were about 30+ kids from our neighborhood that showed up. That's encouraging.

On Sunday Todd preached at the church he grew up at, where his parents still go. Our worship team also led worship. It went very well...we weren't quite sure how well it would go over, because they are more accustomed to singing hymns and a very 'ordered' service, where we are a bit more relaxed in the way we do things, and our worship is definitely 'charismatic' (though I have somewhat of an aversion to that word), but everyone seemed very open to us. Anyway...in my opinion, God's presence was definitely there, and several people were touched through Todd's message.

Now I'm settling back into trying to get a rhythm to school, as well as needing to finish the book I'm editing by next week.

So, in case you were wondering what I've been up to, that's it in a nutshell!!

No comments: