Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Kenya

I've had so many posts running through my head, but right now, I just have no time to sit down and actually put my thoughts into coherent words that mean anything when placed together. The reason is because this has consumed my priorities, thoughts and time...

Kenya...where Todd and Bryce will be heading, with a team of 7 others, on Friday.  I am really excited for them to go and spend time with our friends, Ibrahim and Diane...

Getting to work at the orphanage there...(I'm so jealous about missing out on this part!  And after looking at these pics, my kids are begging for us to adopt one of these adorable little ones!!)

Helping with some work projects...(this is the work another team did previously, not necessarily what our team will be doing)

Visiting a school and delivering some school supplies to them...
And even getting to spend one day on safari! (Our African friends insisted that this is a MUST in case it's the only time they get to be there!)

I will admit that I have a bundle of mixed emotions leading up to this trip...so much excitement for the experiences Todd and Bryce will have, so much dreading spending 10 days apart from my hubby (I know, I know...I'm a big baby...but we've never been apart that long), so much worrying about the whole process of international travel (I've never done it, so it's FAR scarier to me than those who are seasoned world travelers)...

So it is with great anticipation that I look forward to their return to hear all about what God does in their hearts, the connections they were able to make with people on the other side of the world...and of course to have them tucked safely back into my little nest!!  ;o)



 

No comments: