Monday, July 25, 2011

a random monday morning

Random thoughts this morning...

For some reason, today I woke up early with an extensive to-do list running through my brain, and miracle-of-miracles, the motivation to actually tackle it!!  I don't know what causes this mysterious thing called Motivation to come, and why when it seems like I am most desperate for it, it cannot be found.  No clue.  All I know is that I wish I could bottle it up and pop it like a vitamin on those days when it is most elusive.  Alas, I have found no way to do that...so on the mornings unlike today I have to settle for Motivation's imposter...Coffee.

Next random thought...I really, really am yearning again for new counter tops.  And backsplash.  These thoughts are usually closely followed by a hankerin' for a whole new, bigger kitchen (read: addition on my house),
I could make do with this one...

which is nowhere in the realm of possibility...so it only breeds discontent to hang out in this place.  So, moving on...

I love that feeling of beginning to emerge from a dull season, the coming out from under the Eeyore cloud.  I love movement; love progress.  I feel hopeful.  But in any case, I am reminded, that in all seasons, no matter whether I am feeling hopeFUL or hopeLESS...He is unchanging...and deserving of my praise.



No comments: