Thursday, October 14, 2010

firmly convinced

Lately we have quite a few big things that we are staring down, kind of like 'mountains' that need to be moved. There's a budget that just doesn't 'add up' right now, home issues needing to be addressed (like a few sizeable things within our home that do or will need to be replaced), eventually in the not-too-distant future likely needing to replace our van, work/time related stresses, and asking God for some major miracles for our church. On a daily basis I sometimes feel like if I look at any of these things just at face value (which, in many a weak moment throughout the day, I do) I feel like they could just swallow me up. I don't have answers for any of it, and I can't quite figure out how that 'light at the end of the tunnel' is going to appear.

But I have been clinging for dear life to these verses, and adamantly repeating them to myself, pretty much daily.

I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord! ~Psalm 27:13-14


So, if you feel like you're at the end of your rope...tie a knot and hang on baby! BELIEVE (which, literally translated, that word for believe is something along the lines of "firmly convinced") that you WILL see God's goodness in your life (EVEN IF it doesn't look like you (or I) might expect...and that you WILL see it THIS side of heaven!! :)

No comments: