Thursday, August 5, 2010

best blueberry pie EVER!!

My friend Kate gave me the easiest - and TASTIEST - recipe for blueberry pie EVER. Seriously, I am the type that never makes my own pie fillings if it involves cooking and thickening because it just never turns out right. And I gave up making my own pie crusts years ago. They all tasted fairly like cardboard, and why do all the work when Pillsbury makes one I could just unroll?

Well, let me tell you. This crust was fabulous. Seriously, my hubby loved it and commented several times about how good it was. The crust!! And the best part....you make it in the pie plate! No rolling or anything!! And the filling was just as simple! The whole thing only took me about 15 minutes to make.
So you get the picture...I am in love with this pie. And since I've gone on and on about it, I will share the recipe with you. And a big THANK YOU to Kate. You've revolutionized dessert in my house! ;)

Crust:

1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix these dry ingredients together in the plate.

Wisk together 1/2 c. of vegetable oil and 2 T. milk. Pour over dry ingredients and work together with your fingers til it makes a ball of dough. Press out into the pie plate.

Filling:

4 c. fresh blueberries
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Topping:

3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 c. butter

Prepare pastry for one crust pie using 9 inch pan. Heat oven to 375. In large bowl combine all filling ingredients; blend well. Spoon into pastry lined pan. In bowl, blend topping ingredients with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown.

ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

seriously- it was easy, and good. The crust I made was more crumbly than i was expecting, but very tasty none the less. Thanks for sharing.