Friday, February 12, 2010

thinking about love

So, what are you doing for Valentine's Day? I'd be willing to bet that even as you read this, someone is grumbling about how Valentine's is overrated and they expect to be disappointed or hurt. Well, how about this...how about expecting nothing for yourself and seeing how you can go all out to express your love for your 'special someone'(s)? Hubby, kids or just a friend, Valentine's can be the perfect opportunity to express selfless love to those around you. It's really quite gratifying to be so intentional in trying to come up with ways to bless your dear ones. It can be anything, really, as long you put some thought into it...a note, a present, or just some together, doing something the other person really enjoys!

I already told you how we celebrate with the kids, but right now I'm still wracking my brain to figure out something super-special for my dear hubby! I usually like to do something more creative for Valentine's than 'just' a dinner out. For those of you who have been reading for a while, you may remember my 'hot' themed evening a few years back, and last year, I honestly don't remember what we did! But I have a willing sitter for Sunday evening (thanks!!) so I definitely must take advantage of the time. (Sure, Kate could sit, but then we have to go out...it's always nice when someone offers to have them all over so we can actually have the house to ourselves.) I'm thinking a well-planned 'at home' date, since they usually turn out so well AND don't cost near as much as going out for dinner. In fact, Todd commented last night, when I told him that I was probably going to be planning an at-home date, "Ooooh, those are the best ones!" So, now just to come up with something creative...

I hate letting things like this go til the last minute, and I was hoping to have lots of ideas to offer ya'll....but here I am asking you....any suggestions??? This is what I'll be working on today (which is, by the way, our 3rd snow day after receiving another 24 inches of snow on top of the 18 inches we got last weekend!!)...

No comments: