Monday, June 1, 2009

my head is spinning!

Since the decision has been made that the kids will go to school next year, I'm finding it extremely difficult to make myself finish out this year. I think this is for several reasons; one, I don't think I fully realized how totally burned out I have been with this until we decided I was done, and it felt like an incredible weight was lifted. Unfortunately, part of this weight has to remain til we are done doing everything we need to over the next two weeks. I also am just so ready to move on, there's so many 'steps' to be done to even move on that even that seems a bit overwhelming. I need to try to return/sell curriculum that I just recently purchased so we don't just lose that money...especially since it equals about one month's tuition for next year! Also, I will now need to pack up the boys computer equipment to return since they won't be doing the cyber school next year. We need to fill out registration papers, and do some placement testing, and I think possibly set up some tutoring for Kate to make sure she's up-to-speed over the summer to make a smooth transition. Then there's listing all the old curriculum on e-bay (or wherever) to try and recoup some of that investment. Plus, we are having to do house-projects to create an extra bedroom this summer, so everything needs to be cleaned out before we can really start with any of that! Ahhh!! Where to begin?!?!

Okay...so my first order of the day is going to be - take a deep breath, calm down and organize my thoughts...

Anybody need homeschooling curriculum??

3 comments:

Aunt Linda said...

Make a list, Jess! If you can get it all on paper & out of your brain, it will be maybe a little less stressful. I know you've made the right decision--when you said you felt like a great weight was lifted, to me, that sounds like a good decision.

Love you all!

Jessi said...

I agree AL, and it's funny you should say that...as soon as I was done posting I thought "I just need to make a list..." and did just that. It does help me to break it down into separate jobs to tackle...seems not so big then.

I agree, I definitely feel this was the best decision!

Laura said...

i still have those boxes at my house if you need them for shipping...