Friday, March 13, 2009

interview with my kids

There's this thing going around Facebook called "Interview with my Kids". It was very amusing, and thought worth posting here. The answers are direct, word-for-word quotes from the kids; anything in parenthesis and italics are my thoughts/responses:

1. What is something mom always says to you

Kate: Do you have my headband?
Bryce: You need to change your attitude or you're grounded!
Seth: Can you calm down for at least a second?
Luke: Do you want a spanking?

2. What makes mom happy?

Kate: A clean house
Bryce: Giving you valentines
Seth: Calmness, and music while she's working
Luke: That I be good, not naughty

3. What makes mom sad?

Kate: When her "Chocolate is a need" mug is dirty.
Bryce: When somebody hurts her feelings
Seth: When she stubs her toe
Luke: When people hurt her feelings

4. How does your mom make you laugh?

Kate: When she randomly starts singing - and dancing! - weird songs in the kitchen
Bryce: When I frown, you make the same face, and that makes me laugh
Seth: When I see your butt crack (I have a problem with my jeans not staying where they should when I'm sitting on the floor... the kids usually say "Hey Mom, crack kills.")
Luke: You kiss me

5. What did your mom like to do when she was a child?

Kate: She watched the Waltons
Bryce: She had an imaginary husband named Zeke
Seth: She watched the old Underdog
Luke: She played with her dolls at Nanny's

6. How old is your mom?

Kate: 102
Bryce: 36; well, you're really 35 but turning 36 in a month
Seth: 54
Luke: I - don't - know!

7. How tall is your mom?

Kate: 5' 5 1/2"
Bryce: 5' 5"
Seth: 102 feet
Luke: (whining....) I don't knooooooow - I want chocolate miiiiilk....


8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV?

Kate: Eli Stone
Bryce: The View
Seth: The View
Luke: the weather

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?

Kate: sleep and eat chocolate - mint chocolate that Laura brings her
Bryce: eat chocolate and turn on 'that' music - I don't know what it's called, but it's very odd... (based on what he started humming, he means my big band CD)
Seth: type on the computer
Luke: she types

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

Kate: Going on Dancing with the Stars
Bryce: writing a song - also what Seth said - publishing a book (he wanted that answer but Seth said it first)
Seth: publishing a book
Luke: don't know...

11. What is your mom really good at?

Kate: skipping school
Bryce: playing piano
Seth: batting
Luke: REALLY good at typing

12. What is your mom not very good at?

Kate: drawing
Bryce: boxing on Wii
Seth: being angry (Did he not understand the question??)
Luke: dressing me

13. What does your mom do for her job?

Kate: she works at Buds in Blossoms/Aunt Bets's counter
Bryce: Buds in Blossoms
Seth: flowers for weddings
Luke: TYPE!!!!

14. What is your mom's favorite food?

Kate: mint ice cream
Bryce: chocolate chip cookies
Seth: chocolate
Luke: eggs (I'm actually NOT a huge fan of eggs...maybe that's just what was on his mind at the moment.)


15. What makes you proud of your mom?

Kate: that you come up with something to make for supper every night (For me, this is no small feat!)
Bryce: that you're my mom
Seth: letting science be the first thing in school (I think he thinks "what makes you proud" means "what makes you happy"...)
Luke: you paint with me (Again, think we might be confusing "being proud" with "what I want"...)

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?

Kate: Elasti-Girl
Bryce: Sweet Polly
Seth: Underdog
Luke: a cowgirl (huh????)


17. What do you and your mom do together?

Kate: go shopping!
Bryce: we play drums and piano
Seth: we do school together
Luke: we play a game

18. How are you and your mom the same?

Kate: we both like to go shopping
Bryce: we both have blond hair
Seth: our faces look the same
Luke: because we are white (After studying me carefully, I think this was honestly the only similarity he could see!! He looks slightly like his dad...)

19. How are you and your mom different?

Kate: We don't agree on shoes or bedding - the BIG debate
Bryce: I'm not a girl
Seth: you're taller!
Luke: because you have white hair and I have black hair

20. What does your mom like most about your dad?

Kate: his sarcasm
Bryce: his freaky goatee
Seth: you love each other
Luke: you kiss dad ALL THE TIME in the kitchen!!!!

21. . Where is your mom's favorite place to go?

Kate: Red Lobster
Bryce: Bubba's
Seth: you like sitting on the beach, just laying down
Luke: go to the beach

4 comments:

Laura said...

i think it's bets that going to be on dancing with the stars.

and i'm seeing a theme with chocolate...

Holly said...

Just as funny here as on facebook - except your right - poor Luke looks so very much like his Daddy - it would be hard to find some way he looked like you!! LOVE THIS!!

Marlin said...

What do you mean: 'poor Luke looks so very much like his Daddy'? We were so very glad to finally have a grandchild that looked like a Clemmer. I happen to be Luke's daddy's daddy. I know - it was a tough question for a little guy who has those adorable Clemmer traits that his mom found so attractive.

Jessi said...

ha ha...You're right, Dad, he definitely has ADORABLE Clemmer traits! It's just kind of sad that the ONLY trait he can see as similar to me is that we are white! But then again, I guess the opposite could be said for Seth! :) So, I guess it's a good that both families are finally represented in our kiddos!