Monday, December 22, 2008

the surprise was...

Well, my surprise getaway took me to the American Music Theater's Christmas Show!! I loved it and we had a great time. We headed out Friday around lunch time, had some time to relax at our lovely hotel before getting all dressed up to head out for a very nice dinner and then off to the show. It was wonderful, and I know a sacrifice for Todd, since he's really not into all the 'glitz' of shows like this. (It's very comparable to the holiday show at Radio City in NYC.) But for the day-and-a-half that we were gone he repeatedly told me this was my gift, so we could do whatever I wanted. Gotta say...this was about the best gift I've had in a long time!! We had so much fun, and Friday was just so relaxing and nice to just have an extended amount of time together. Saturday we got the last of our Christmas shopping done (well, I still have to take 2 kids out to get something for each other, and have to head out today to do the 'food' shopping for the holidays) but now I'm really ready to 'settle in' at home, do my wrapping and some cookie baking, etc. (Of course, not sure how much of that will actually happen since we have a wedding job that will take most of the day tomorrow and Wednesday morning! Oh, well... I'm sure it will all work out!)

So there's my update on that...it was AWESOME!! I sure do love my husband...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'M SO GLAD YOU GUYS HAD A GOOD TIME!