Sunday, August 31, 2008

September...it's a good thing

September seems to be holding a lot of fun and exciting things for me! Nothing too big this week (though I'll enjoy having my hubby around and an extra day off tomorrow), but then next week the fun really begins. On the 9th we head out to Lancaster for a meeting - maybe doesn't sound like fun to you, but we get to spend some time with the other Dove pastors and their wives and then have lunch with our overseers, who we greatly enjoy. It's such a fun time of relationship building, and I always look forward to it. While the guys normally meet every month, the wives only get together every other month, and we had all taken off for the summer. So it's been a while and will be fun to see everyone again. ALSO on the 9th, my sister's house gets delivered!! Yay!! She is keeping my kids that day, so I'll be so excited to come back and see her house - all be it, in 'parts', sitting in her yard! (They are getting a pre-fab that will be delivered in sections).

Two days later, on the 11th they will be 'setting' the house (putting it together). I had planned on being there bright and early to watch, but then another exciting opportunity came up; I was really torn about what to do, but Bets assured me I should take it, and I will arrive back at her place for all the new-house festivities in the afternoon, so I won't miss out on all the fun. My friend Laura received 4 free tickets to be in the audience of the talk show "The View". I know some people don't like the show, but I must confess that I really do enjoy the political banter between the conservative and liberal personalities on the show, and can't wait to get to see what all goes into the production of a live television show!! And I'm hoping they have some awesome giveaway (they usually give something away to the audience)!(Laura's intention was for Bets to be along on our NYC outing to the show, but she had no control over when the tickets would be for, so unfortunately, she won't be able to be in on it. She was a little bit bummed - but obviously nothing can really dampen her excitement over her new house that much!!) And all this is on Betsy's b-day, so I'll have to be sure to bring her an especially good present (again, not that it will compare to her 'big' present of the day!). It will be very interesting to be in NYC on September 11th. We haven't talked about anything else we might do while there, but it would seem fitting that maybe we should stop by ground zero that day.

Then, another 2 days later, on the 13th we leave for FAMILY VACATION!! Woo Hoo!!! I cannot wait! It's so nice to actually get away all together as a family and spend time without anypressures of the "I shoulds". Being away like that really frees us to do nothing but spend time with each other; even when we are 'off', like tomorrow, it seems there is always something to be done, and there's not a whole lot of genuine just kicking back and relaxing. Last year was the first time we ever took a family vacation like that, and I can't even express how much the kids loved it...as did we. We've been counting down for months and can practically smell the saltwater in the air and feel those ocean breezes.

So, in case you haven't picked up on it...I'm a little excited for this month. And, in honor of all the 'special events', I'm going to finally use a gift certificate for a salon that I've had since Christmas - and am getting my nails done! I figure now's the best time, because normally I feel like it's a waste since I'm always doing things that are hard on nails, like cleaning, playing piano, etc. But I figure - since we'll be away so much, my hands might get a bit of a repreive, so I might as well play it up!

Yeah, I think I'm gonna like September...

4 comments:

Bets said...

I'm telling ya - you guys should get on camera and wish me a happy birthday from NY!!!! :o) Wish I could go...

Holly said...

Sounds like a wonderful and exciting month! I got excited for ya just reading about it!

Laura said...

oh yeah bets!! we should totally try it!

Anonymous said...

so exciting!!! oh and i love your new background!