Thursday, July 31, 2008

time flies...

Where oh, where has the summer gone?!?!? I cannot believe tomorrow is August 1st already! It seems like just yesterday that I was writing that I was so glad to be finishing up school...and begin my "summer of accomplishment". I guess I've accomplished a lot...though not all I hoped, nor relaxed as much as I had hoped either!!

It seems like it flew by so fast, and here tomorrow is my deadline to have all my paperwork filed for homeschooling...which I at least filled out today, but have to run around tomorrow to have notorized and deliver! I'm expecting the boys school stuff to arrive any day, but I haven't even decided on all Kate's curriculum yet! Ahh! I still have to go pick up the desks for the boys (as they both have their own computer and printer arriving any day for their schooling), and it's going to require some major rearranging to get all that situated. We're still trying to decide if we need to throw up the wall downstairs to create the extra bedroom or if we can hold off a while yet...I'm leaning towards just doing it, because I don't think Lukey's going to stay in a toddler bed for another whole year, and I don't want to have to deal with it all (moving computers, desks, etc. - AGAIN) after we've already started school. Soooo... Looks like I might not get much 'relaxation' time in these last few weeks either. Oh well, at least a lot will have gotten accomplished!!

And thankfully, we still have our family vacation to look forward to in the middle of September... a bonus feature of homeschooling (late vacation flexibility, that is), and a last hurrah before bidding summer a final farewell.

1 comment:

Ainsley said...

I know, I can't believe it's August either! We're taking a late vacation, too... the last week of August. We wanted it to be the last thing we did before school started up.=)