Tuesday, June 17, 2008

update on yesterday

Just a quick update to my post from yesterday...

My day ended on a very good note. While I didn't get my basement laundry/storage room cleaned up, I did get my bedroom all cleaned up/rearranged, which did also get me started on the basement room as I switched some furniture around between the two places to make things a little nicer and more functional. Today I did finished the basement.

As I mentioned yesterday, these little organizational spurts of mine don't always result in total agreement between my dear husband and me. But I believe a miracle has taken place in our home twice in the past 24 hours, my friends. It's simply amazing. There was no 'dance' as I so-called the exchange Todd & I usually have after my stint of cleaning and rearranging. He came home yesterday, went in the bedroom to see what I had done and simply said "I like it. I think it works well." You could have knocked me over with a feather.

Today, another success. I moved and arranged his books and many other church materials that had basically taken over the laundry room til there was only a path to walk through. I organized them in a very specific, systematic way, keeping certain things together in very accessible places, and he actually was fine with what I had done. We may have reached a whole new level in our marriage, people. This definitely takes "one-flesh" up a notch. The sky's the limit in our organizational oneness...

OK, OK...maybe that's a little over the top. :o) I'm obviously just kidding...though I truly was pleasantly surprised how much I got done, with a positive response.

However, the day did get worse before it got better... I spent several hours moving all the furniture around in my bedroom...bed, dressers, etc., and didn't hurt myself at all. But at one point I was in the bathroom and picked something up off the floor and turned too soon, or something, and SLAMMED my head into the wall. We are talking full-force, made my teeth bang together and caused an instant headache and pain in my back kind of slam. That was not pleasant. My back and neck are still sore today.

But hey...my man & I are both liking our 'new' bedroom, so I guess it's all worth it, right? ;o)

No comments: