Friday, February 8, 2008

WELCOME WEEKEND!!!!!

I am SOOOO ready for the weekend!!

None of us really felt like doing school today, so I decided we'd do "fun school" - we really can't lose any days, but I'm about as tired of 'text books' as they are today, so we're gonna chill things out a bit and star gettin' into weekend mode...

They're watching "National Treasure" right now and righting down some historical sites they see, and some facts that we are going to research to see if they are "truth or fiction"...

Then, some Mad Libs...otherwise known as Language Arts (it's a great, fun way to review parts of speech that doesn't feel like learning at all!)

And we have to do some grocery shopping this weekend, so I think we'll grab the list and have the kids do some price comparisons with me...

Not sure what other fun learning things we'll find to do this afternoon, but all I can say is
"WELCOME WEEKEND!!!!"


This would also explain the 'fun' music that you hear playing (if you aren't muted - sorry if it scared you, Zo)... In my "gettin' ready for fun" mood, I decided I was in the mood for some FUN music...but I kinda drew a blank when I went to upload some tunes to my playlist (which I sometimes open and just let play even if I'm done on my blog...it's a good way to hear some songs I don't actually have - and hear only what I want - unlike the radio)...

So what do you think of as fun, bringing in the weekend songs?? Maybe I'll add 'em to my list...

No comments: