Tuesday, February 12, 2008

my heart burns for you...

Well, our 'hot' night was fun...I decided on "Walk the Line" for our movie (the Johnny Cash/June Carter story). I thought, well, it was about a couple (valentine-y) and he did sing "Ring of Fire", so it went with the theme. (I got all giddy when the movie opened with a flashing ring of fire...and Todd did so good to notice and say "See, it has fire!" He's good...) My original plan was to do dinner and movie in our bedroom with lots of candles, but because of the crazy cold weather we are having, we only made it through dinner and decided we needed to move the party to the living room 'cuz it was just too stinkin' cold in our bedroom!! So we lost a small bit of ambiance, but it was still fun and cozy. We had hot wings, and hoagie with hot peppers.

On a funny note, Kate and Bryce knew what I was planning and they helped me clean up a bit this afternoon to get ready. They knew my theme was 'hot' stuff, and they had all kinds of wonderful suggestions... Kate thought I should try to dress as 'fire' myself - she thought she could help me come up with a red cape and attach orange streamers and I could 'flap' it to make it look like flames. ("Uh, thanks honey, but I think not this time....") Then, while I was quick doing my hair and makeup before dropping the kids off, Bryce came in to the bathroom, took a look at me and said "You call that a hot outfit?" I was totally taken aback - what would he know about "hot outfits"??? (And I had said nothing about hot clothes, but they were really hyped about me doing something with a theme...) (Oh, yeah, what I was wearing was jeans and a red shirt.) I just looked at him and said "What do you mean?" He replied, as he turned and walked out "I just think orange would be better than that red..." (Big mom sigh of relief...)

Now it's on to planning fun food, crafts and games for the kids for Thursday.

And here's hoping all the 'hot' food doesn't revisit in the form of heartburn tonight!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. I was worried there for a minute about the hot outfit comment. I love your creativity. I'm all about a theme. And theft. Can I steal your ideas? I might even go for the flaming cape get-up.

Jessi said...

Sure Zo, go for it! I'm all about idea-sharing! Let me know how the cape works out for ya... :o)

Briana Almengor said...

Very fun...love the Bryce comment. :)