Monday, October 8, 2007

one step at a time

I'm amazed, but we got mostly everything cleaned out of my mom's house that she isn't planning on keeping, and had it done by 11 pm on Saturday night. It was physically, and at times, emotionally hard work, but it's done. At least, phase one of this process is anyway. We had a prospective buyer come thru tonight, and we haven't listed it yet, it would be a private sale. Kinda long story, and I'm too tired to tell it, but a friend-of-a-friend type deal, this guy might be interested (and it seemed tonight like he was) in buying it WITHOUT us doing any repairs. He buys investment properties and keeps them as rentals. He seems very willing to work with us in any way that will help mom out. We haven't, however, talked any money yet, and as with most things, that's where the rubber will really hit the road. We need a certain amount just to cover the mortgage, plus, because of mom's situation, we really need her to be able to walk away with some cash in hand too.

We've also started the apartment hunting process. We are praying that God will provide something not just affordable, but where my mom will truly feel comfortable, safe and at home. This is all so much change, and I know it's so hard for her. I wish I could do something to make it better, easier, but really there's not, other than pray. But I believe in prayer, and I know it's a loving Father that has gotten us through the past year, when we couldn't imagine how to go on from such a point, and so I know He is going to carry her, and us all, through this season too.

It seems there are several possibilities on the horizon, but it's impossible to know which, if any, will work out, what will be best, and what Mom will like or want to do. It's up and down, and I feel hopeful, but tentative...almost afraid to hope, all at the same time. Aren't emotions such a weird, uncontainable thing? It baffles me how it's possible to feel two completely opposite things at the same time...

Anyway, thank you so much for all the prayers, concern and even the financial support that some of you have sent. I cannot adequately express how grateful we are, and how loved we feel in the midst of this difficult time.

No comments: