Thursday, August 2, 2007

Jessi the Steam Roller

I find myself exasperating. Really, I think I exasperate others too...well, at least I know I do my husband and my kids. It seems I cannot find a happy medium between being 'driven' and what I feel like is being 'lazy'. I seem to either be full-on one way or the other. I've been getting ready to start school again, and my kids are screaming "NO!! Not yet!!!" (well, all except for Seth, who is super-excited to be starting kindergarten). This is my problem, not only in regards to school, but church, my house, everything... when I get an idea, I want to do it NOW!!! When I'm excited I tend to be like a steam-roller - full speed ahead!! So I'm trying to pace myself, get things done a little bit at a time and learn to be more... I don't know what word I'm looking for... temperate? even-keel? I guess I need to remind myself that it's "slow and steady" that wins the race...and "full-speed ahead" usually leads to "crash and burnout". Right....

2 comments:

Blinddog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zoanna said...

I can relate, unfortunately.