Thursday, August 23, 2007

hungry for books

I need more time to read. I'm very ambitious and want to learn more about a few key things, and also just read for enjoyment (which rarely happens). I'm almost done Blue Like Jazz, but haven't even started 'Covenant Child' like I planned on. But vacation is coming in a few weeks and I plan on doing a LOT of reading. (Unfortunately, probably not much blogging unless we go to a restaurant with WiFi, cuz our vacation place doesn't have internet. But I know there's a McDonalds a few blocks away that does...maybe I'll steall some time every few days...) I ordered a bunch of new books from Amazon...if anyone's interested in reading along or discussing any of those, here's the list of what I'm awaiting...let me know if there's any 'book club' interest and I'll start with whatever. I ordered 'Red Moon Rising', 'God on Mute - Engaging the Silence of Unanswered Prayer', 'The Blogging Church' and '24/7 - A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Holy Space in the Real World'. After all that I'm interested in getting my hands on 'Velvet Elvis' by Rob Bell and 'Searching for God Knows What' by Donald Miller. I wish I had more time to read...

No comments: