Sunday, July 8, 2007

for such a time as this

I don't even know how to describe the past 2 nights. Last night we had a worship night/feast to corporately break our 40-day fast. The worship time was amazing, set up on someone's deck, with a portable sound system, under the stars, raising a sound to the heavens. As the focus of our fast had been repentance for the past 40 years (a generation) of 'free love' and the many other moral breakdowns the happened in our country since the infamous 'summer of love' in '67, we stood together as a group representing 3 generations, the oldest symbolically asking our generation for forgiveness for "dropping the ball", our generation not only forgiving, but thanking them for the good seeds they have sown into our lives, and together looking at all the young children in our midst, asking God to pour out His spirit on them and give them grace to live lives totally sold out to Him. We felt it was such a significant day spiritually, knowing so many events going on worldwide where people were together fasting, lifting prayers, crying out for salvation to come to the earth. I believe God is at work in people's hearts, and it is an amazing time to be alive.

Tonight our Celebration service felt electrified as we worshiped and shared what God had done within our hearts during the 40 days. God has definitely fanned the flames of passion in our hearts to see a lost generation come to find salvation and freedom. I personally feel like God is giving me a new heart for people, seeing their desperate need for Him, replacing what always felt like an 'obligation' to 'share my faith' with a pure, passionate love for Jesus and a desire for others to experience the hope and freedom that only He can offer. It's still incredibly hard for me to just begin to make conversation with people I don't know, but I feel a new sense of faith that God will give me grace and bring divine appointments with people that are hungry - even if they don't know what it is they are looking for. I don't know who they will be, or where I will talk to them, but I am believing God for a new boldness to seize the opportunities I sense He will be bringing me.

While it was such a rich, powerful weekend, I am, admittedly, EXHAUSTED!! Hopefully we will be able to pretty much just chill out tomorrow. I have something in the morning and again in the evening, but hopefully in between will be some serious R&R!!

And so begins another week...

No comments: