Monday, June 4, 2007

a cord of three strands

What a crazy weekend. I've wanted to post a couple of times, but have been so tired, and now forgot what I was going to post! Oh well.

Here's my latest update. Been inundated recently with roadblocks, frustrations and opportunities to be offended. And let me say, I'd love to snatch up those opportunities. But thankfully, I am surrounded by good and faithful people, my husband most of all, who do not blindly take my side, but rather challenge me to choose to focus on God, trust Him, and be gracious. That so does not come naturally for me, and even with the encouragement, it still takes me some time (though less time - and stubborness - than in years past, by God's grace) to move on.

Todd gently pointed out to me this weekend that as we are looking to God for some big things, maybe he keeps bringing these types of 'opportunities' for us to have chances to prove we can be faithful in the 'small' things. We are asking God to provide thousands of dollars for a building, our own family finances, etc.; it seems that we should at least be able to handle some minor offenses. So true. And we've even found God's faithfulness in these situations in this way: when I'm down, Todd is usually able to be strong and give me perspective and when he is the one who feels his vision is clouded there's usually grace for me to have some clarity. Reminds me of Ecclesiates 4:12:

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

No comments: