Monday, May 28, 2007

love weekends

It's been a full and busy weekend, and I can't say I'm looking forward to starting the new week. We're in the final stretch to finish school, and honestly, it's agonizing. We are running behind schedule - we're normally done by now - but we had just started school when my dad died in August, so that set us back several weeks. It's not like we're finishing unreasonably late - second week in June probably - but it's killer right now. We are usually finishing up just as beautiful weather comes to stay and begins beckoning the kids to flee the house and bask in the glorious sunshine for hours on end. And think what a wonderful thing that is for me...!!! Anyway, we're trying to press in to it and fill in some gaps with a few field trips. Anyone got any good (meaning relatively close and CHEAP) field trip ideas? We did almost none this year, so it would be good to get some in and make our last few days more exciting? I'd love to hear them...

Anyway, before diving in to the new week, I'll relish the weekend fun a bit more and share it with you by way of some pics (some mine, some courtesy of Aunt Wanda...)

like father, like son...

ah, to have that kind of energy again...
looks like a serious heart to heart (probably actually, "More juice, pleeeease...)brrrrmmmm.....arrrgghhh!! (celebrated Bryce's b-day...he finally got the uniform he wanted)

just couldn't stay awake another minute...
(He stayed that way until halfway home he woke up and asked "Where tractor?" Probably couldn't figure out how he got from there to the van...)

5 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

WE did Knoebels yesterday as a family...everyone there from our clan but J & Krista, Garrett and Kristin and Brandon (well, I guess not everyone was there, huh?)
Anyway, it was a lot of fun but exhausting, too. The boys conked out as soon as Lawrence pulled into drive. Of course, our stop at a nearby gas station to change their diapers woke them up and they wouldn't go back to sleep until we were oh, about 20 minutes away from home. :)
Regardless, we had a great time together. Glad ya'll had a good time, too. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Todd and Lucas sitting back relaxing. I also love the picture of Lucas on the tractor. Jimmy DeWan

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Todd and Lucas sitting back relaxing. I also love the picture of Lucas on the tractor. Jimmy DeWan

Zoanna said...

Sure can relate to the first picture (I've got 3 sons and a man of my own whose idea of fun often baffles me.)

The sleeping child on the tractor is precious. I hope you frame it.

Field trip--ours have been woefully few this year. But a bunch of us went on a tour of our local paper, The Aegis. Very informative and interesting (and I was even nearly offered a job on the spot). That was a freebie. Are you near fire house or police station? They give tours to homeschoo groups.

Bets said...

How bout the dairy petting zoo? Maybe make her research some of the animals and eating habits or somthing? Maybe we could join ya and be a distraction for me???? lol