Tuesday, April 3, 2007

laughter, blood & tears


Tonight we had quite an exciting evening. There was laughter, blood and tears. Wanna know what happened? Bryce punched out his tooth...on purpose! His one front top tooth has been loose for a couple of weeks now (the other one is already gone). I actually thought he might pull it while we were away last week, but when we got back it was still hanging there. Over the past couple days he's wiggled and tugged, but to no avail. Tonight he was asking me to come in and pull it while he was asleep. He's pulled other of his own teeth, but he insisted this one hurt more. When I told him I was not going to come pull it while he slept, I guess he got frustrated. After much discussion, I told him not to worry about it, it would come out eventually. We were watching TV on the couch when all of a sudden I heard a 'whif' sound (I thought he was trying to blow it out) and he started yelling "It's out! It's out!" I looked over to see blood running down his chin!! (I'm not exaggerating!) I yelled for paper towels and he very proudly announced "I punched it out!! I just thought, 'OK, I'm gonna do it!' and I did! I just punched myself!" He soaked 2 paper towels with blood (Kate told me after he went to bed that she was sure we were going to have to take him to the hospital because of "how much blood he was losing!"), managed to splatter some on my pants, and had it all over his face. We washed him up, took a couple pics, and he promply asked me for a dollar. I told him he had to put it under his pillow, to which he rolled his eyes and said, "Mom, the tooth fairy is not real, so can I please just have my dollar. Then I'll have enough for my Madden '07 game." (which he's been saving up for). What a way to get that last dollar!! Raising boys is a whole different game...

No comments: