Wednesday, March 21, 2007

pappy is 'hipping'

I believe God reveals things to children. Some of the things my kids have said at different times leads me to think there is no other conclusion than that God himself revealed this to their open little hearts. The other night when I put Luke to bed, as I was tucking him in, he said "Pappy's home." I know he understands Pappy is gone, because he has said many times "Luke miss Pappy" and then he tells me again that Pappy used to tickle his feet. And we smile. But the other night, it was a totally new thing for him to say "Pappy's home". I said to him "You know where Pappy is, right?" to which he responded "Up God". Right, I told him. Then he put his little arm in the air and said "Pappy hipping" (which in Luke-an-ese 'hipping' is "worshipping"). I asked him "Did you say Pappy is worshipping?" He said "uh-huh...Allllll night". Wow. Yep, I would imagine Pappy is 'hipping' all night. But Luke probably has an understanding of this that I could never have conveyed to him...frankly, never even tried. But he was happy to go to sleep that night with the peaceful assurance that his Pappy is in Jesus' presence, doing what you do there.

The Kingdom belongs to such as these.

No comments: