Thursday, February 24, 2011

♪ wishin', and hopin' and prayin'...♫ (ok, I just like to use music notes in my titles...)

I wasn't sure how to make this post qualify as 'being intentional'...so rather than try, I'm just gonna say it.  I'm askin' for your prayers my bloggy friends!  Tonight we submitted an offer on that run-down old bar that our church has been wanting to buy for the past two years!  (If you have a few minutes, you can read the full story about it HERE.)  It's ridiculously low compared to what they are asking, so it will take a true miracle for it to be accepted.  But we've got a great realtor and an even greater God, so I'm believing!!  Even if we do get it, we will still need some more miracles in the way of finances, resources and labor to get it renovated (it's complete uninhabitable at this point), not to mention the process of filing for the variance we need for the township to allow us to use it as a church.  So, really, this is just one more step in the process that we've been in for a while, but it's an exciting one!  We made a cash offer, so we won't have any mortgage on the place, which is also thrilling to me.  I'm soooo not good at waiting, so the next few days are going to be torturous for me!  But I'm actually glad it's out of our hands, and only God can control what happens next.

Maybe therein lies what I should be 'intentional' about...I probably need to choose, intentionally, not to worry or obsess over the next few days, and just focus on thanking God that, no matter the outcome, I know that he has a plan for our little church family and His purposes will come about!!  Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do.  Hey...thanks for helping me out there!  (Betcha didn't even know ya did, huh?)  ;)

No comments: