Friday, April 16, 2010

peace

I have started a 'serious' post three times now before I realized what I wanted to say. And then I finally figured out that...I really don't have anything to say! How's that for a blog post?

Seriously...life continues to happen...the good, the bad and the downright ugly...but oddly enough, I kind of feel at peace in the midst of it all. (Though, of course, I shouldn't find this odd at all...since I have a promise of peace that surpasses my understanding...) There's not a whole lot left to say about things. I mean, sure, there's always too much to do, too little time, seemingly not enough money, someone upset with someone, someone hurting, someone else rejoicing, something ending, something starting. And so it goes. But as I pondered all that, I'm pleasantly surprised to find that I'm not inadvertently strapped in to the proverbial emotional roller coaster, my peace or lack thereof being dictated by the swirl around me. These words from 2 Corinthians 4 (The Message) are so very true.

We carry this precious Message around in the unadorned clay pots of our ordinary lives. That's to prevent anyone from confusing God's incomparable power with us. As it is, there's not much chance of that. You know for yourselves that we're not much to look at. We've been surrounded and battered by troubles, but we're not demoralized; we're not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do; we've been spiritually terrorized, but God hasn't left our side; we've been thrown down, but we haven't broken. What they did to Jesus, they do to us - trial and torture, mockery and murder; what Jesus did among them, he does in us - he lives!
Have a wonderful, peace-filled weekend!!

1 comment:

Bets said...

This should have a 'like' button like fb - cause I have nothing to add, you said it all, I agree with it....