Monday, July 7, 2008

all work...and some play!

One thing that Todd and I have learned over the years is that leaders, especially church leaders, need to have real relationship that goes beyond business and decision-making. One concept that we try to keep in mind (though admittedly lost sight of on occasion) is that effective teams need to not only work well together, but also be able to play well together. As in, just have fun hanging out together. Doing things that aren't work-related.

In the spirit of that...tomorrow I'm planning on having a purely fun day with people that I have the pleasure of 'working' with!!

First of all, in the morning I'm heading out with a friend (who just happens to be part of the leadership couple that oversees Todd & I within the Dove network) to enjoy some shopping at the new (and very nearby) Philadelphia Premium Outlets and lunch out (not sure where yet).

Then, in the evening, the ladies of the Koinonia House leadership team will be heading out for a 'play date' too! We heard about the Tbar down in Philly
and decided it would make the perfect girls' night out. (The guys will be having some 'guy time' too, doing...well, whatever it is guys do...I dunno, maybe a fun trip to Home Depot, including grunting and scratching??)

Anyway, while anticipating the fun day I have planned tomorrow, I've also been reminded of how blessed I am to have the privilege of co-laboring with such wonderful people that I can honesly say I truly love and enjoy and value having in my life!

3 comments:

Bets said...

I'll be looking forward to hearing how the outlets are! And of course, looking very forward to the Tbar (even though it is in the city!). And I like that you changed your background color - much cheerier.

Anonymous said...

aww that sounds like fun! enjoy the tbar with the church ladies!

Holly said...

I hope you have a blast! I just LOVE to shop - especially at outlets! Have a great time!