Thursday, June 26, 2008

bittersweet

Just finished putting together Kate's 6th grade portfolio. It's always such a time of mixed emotions for me... somewhat bummed about what we didn't get done (I always start out with such grand plans), amazed at all we DID accomplish, lots of memories of the good, the bad, the ugly (you know, 2 females with similar personality traits living in the same household can set off a few 'fireworks' now and then...) of the past school year.

It's bittersweet how quickly my little girl's growing into a wonderful young lady...

2 comments:

Aunt Linda said...

Hard to believe how quickly time passes. It seems like just last week that Kate came to my house to visit for a week...but if I remember correctly, she was FIVE at the time!! Yes--no??

Jessi said...

Yes, I believe she was about 5...maybe 6... I remember she was on spring break, but can't remember if it was from kindergarten or first grade. Either way...it was quite a long time ago. She still talks about that time; she really loved spending the time with you! (And UG too, of course!) :) I'm so glad she had that opportunity to build such a sweet bond with one of my favorite aunties!