Friday, September 28, 2007

looking for something to do?

Tomorrow's supposed to be a beautiful day, and if you're looking for something to do here's a suggestion. You could come check out the Mouns Jones Festival (in the Pottstown area). It's a very small historical village in Berks County and they will be holding a 'country fair' including demonstrations from such artisans as a tinsmith, chairmaker, a lady dicussing various herbs and other interesting things. And of course, as with any good festival, there will be food aplenty for sale. Also, the highlight for me (and the reason I know about this whole thing) is that my daughter will be involved in 3 performances of colonial dances. Tickets to get into the fair are $2 for adults (kids are free); to see the colonial dance performance, which includes a dessert served in the Historic White Horse Inn, tickets are sold on a first-come first-serve basis (and seating VERY limited)for $7.50. The fair is from 10-4, with the dessert/dance demonstrations at 12, 1:15 and 2:30 pm.

If you can't make it, watch for the pictures I'm sure I'll be posting!

1 comment:

Bets said...

I'm sooo sorry we can't come, today was NOT a good day and we will be spending tomorrow trying to regain a sense of normalcy. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics!