Tuesday, July 17, 2007

birthday date update


For those of you who read regularly and were left hanging as far as my dilemma for Todd's b-day, the results were... I was unable to plan anything in advance beyond having a sitter for the kids overnight (thanks Grammy & Grandpop!!), so I left a note in the morning (which he didn't find...oh, well) saying I was up for anything he wanted to do that night and/or the next day. (I called him to tell him that, since he must've been too groggy in the morning to see the note I had taped to the door at eye-level!!) He opted for a good steak (from Texas Roadhouse), leisurely conversation at a private table outside of Starbucks and Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (which is almost 3 hours long, and didn't start til 10:15!!) On the way home we got pulled over for speeding, but the officer graciously left us off with a warning...maybe because we cooperated, maybe because Todd has a good record, maybe because it was obvious we were just trying to get home (it was 1:30 and we were mere blocks from our house, which happens to be just beyond the police station) or maybe because it was Todd's birthday! In any case, we went to bed and slept UNINTERRUPTED (a rare occurrence) til 10 on Friday and spent the rest of the day...doing church business. Oh, well, at least we were together, right?!?!

All in all, it was a wonderful time together. (Note: there was lots of romantic mushiness on our date, but I'll spare you the gory details...) We absolutely love each others' company and being able to relax and talk together (especially over good coffee) is one of our favorite pastimes. I'm lucky (actually, no, I'm blessed) to be married to my best friend.

No comments: